Follow my sweet adventures as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the California Bakersfield Mission.
- See ya in a quick 2! Elder Eli Moore

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

2nd P-Day!! Last one in the MTC
(The first part of the letter is  answering some family stuff - sorry just put it on here for journaling:)

Hey Family!

Haha the bouncy balls have been a blast and they are just keeping me from going crazy with all the studying that we are doing! But as for the rest of the things that I asked for they are all here - thank you so much for all the love and support and for all those sweets! Tell Eden that she's going to kill it next year (in volleyball) if she practices and endures to the end like it says in our missionary purpose! Odig is gonna' kill it in football. Tell him that he needs to hit low in order to get those big dudes to go down! That is awesome I can't wait to get home and see our rockscape gone. When do you think everything will be done with the extra garage? and I think I only need my bike helmet sent to the mission home but I will let you know if there is anything else.

But now on more of a serious note. The days here feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days! You have probably heard that we have had 3 apostles come and talk to us this week. They all have the same thing to say and its crazy because they don't even write notes before they come - they just speak from the Spirit. But as for what they say is all the same and that is that we need to turn to the Lord in our teachings and in our own personal lives. Elder Cook came last night and talked about the 4 Loves 1) Love your companion because if you can be unified with him you can teach anyone.
2) Love the people and learn from them.
3) Love your Mission President and learn from him and all of his successes.
4) Love the Lord
I love the last one because if you love the Lord you can do all things (Alma 26:12). I just want to end by saying that I love you guys and can't wait to hear back from you and hear all the stories over the next 2 years!
Love, Elder Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment